How to do social media marketing like a boss

My infographic on Social Media Marketing caused a bit of a ripple with it attracting some less than glowing comments.

You might say “well done Stuart” your infographic stirred emotions and no one really likes Vanilla writing.

%NAME social media marketing

One comment though spurred me to this blog post: someone said that social media marketing has the potential to become a framework for their life.

Fair point you might say.

I partly agree too.

Social Media does dominate lives.

People are hooked on smartphones and tablets.

We’re no different as a family – the whole world seems to be, but my point is that if the world are looking at smartphones and engaging in social media, surely your business should be heavily involved in social media marketing?

I manage social media marketing accounts for businesses you see and can directly talk about impact.

Without giving details away, I’m currently running a Twitter campaign for a product that is seeing sales increase through strategic tweets and other social media marketing strategies that have been bought into.

Already, I’ve counted 20 tweets that show the product has been purchased in just one week. That product has sold out now.

I don’t credit my tweeting strategy with doing that but it’s a part of the overall campaign that someone has seen the value of and paid me to manage. He’s delighted of course.

I’m also running a new Facebook page – set it up and liked others as that page within the newsfeed and within a month its reach has grown from 20 per post to over 500, without any paid boosts.

The best thing though was when a message pinged through to the page and a lucrative commercial contract was secured.

This is not self-promotional BS either.

It’s based on me understanding Inbound Marketing, as a content marketer, consumer and writer.

“Slow down cowboy,” I hear you say.

Inbound marketing?

It’s a three stage process that buyers go through.

I’ve written about it at length before and will repeat it here:

Step 1: AWARENESS

Step 2: CONSIDERATION

Step 3: DECISION

I read a great blog post which goes into this in brilliant detail.

It states that once content is created, a social media marketing strategy needs to be drawn up and implemented:

“Creating content is just the beginning of the journey. Making sure that the content reaches the target audience is the crucial part. After creating a content, it is the right time to promote it, and this is where social media comes in.

With 1.6 billion active users on Facebook, 332 million active users on Twitter and 400 million active users on Instagram, social media creates never ending opportunities for companies to market their products/services and attract more clients to their business.”

There are other social media platforms to consider too, apart from Twitter, Instagram and Facebook: LinkedIn for example, Google Plus, Pinterest and YouTube.

What your small business needs to do is create content and then share it via social media.

A blogging strategy is a great place to start – weekly or monthly blog posts not only feed SEO and affect your page rankings but also marks you out as a thought leader.

Your buyers need to first be aware of your company, secondly, consider what you do and sell, and then a consumer decides.

Your business, your website, your social media updates are your shop windows, competing against rivals.

69% of businesses already do this, according to HubSpot, which leaves 31% ignoring it.

Are you one of the 69% or 31%?

Do you need help, advice or hands-on support with any aspect of social media marketing?

If your answer is yes, we need to talk.

 

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Call Now Button