How can I improve your GCSE English results?
Having recently set up as a freelance copywriter after 27 years of teaching English across primary, middle and high schools, I now offer a marking service for English departments who can outsource GCSE English and A level mock exams and controlled assessments to be assessed consistently and accurately by me.
Your department may be short of experience in terms of assessment, or you may be looking to implement a rolling programme of GCSE English internal examinations half-termly or termly. I can set papers too.
You may need help in forming a strategy to raise attainment.
With tiers gone, and exam questions becoming tougher, you may want strategies to raise attainment across your ability range and not just the A* – C headline figures at GCSE or now Grades 9 to 1.
I am a GCSE examiner for three examination boards and currently mark termly for a large Multi Academy Trust.
My charges per script are market-leading and, along with annotated scripts, your school or academy will receive:
1. An examiner’s report highlighting general points, future teaching strategies and a listing of pupils who would benefit from intervention programmes. As a successful teacher and Head of English from 1987 to 2014, I know how to raise attainment.
2. An excel spreadsheet of marks converted to grades for reporting and feedback.
3. Annotated scripts with mark scheme Assessment Objectives identified and, if appropriate, underlining of the spelling and grammatical errors.
4. A quick turnaround. You send me the GCSE English scripts, and as I’m self employed, I mark them quickly and invoice you for the marking carried out, freeing the English team up from the burden of assessment and letting them focus on teaching not marking.
5. Script fees of £4 per script at GCSE English and Literature, including the report, spreadsheet and returned annotated scripts (however, postage costs will need to be reimbursed.) A level scripts are charged at £8 each.
I can provide testimonials for my marking work and samples of exam reports and annotated scripts for your department, plus any other support in terms of raising attainment.
Please contact me if you’d like to use me for assessing mock exams at GCSE English, English Literature, Media Studies or A level.
Quick response guaranteed.
Tel. 01493 445737
Email: [email protected]