Weblogs or blogs only came into life properly in 2009 and WordPress blogs are the most popular platform to post them on it seems.
I can see why; I really admire the simplicity and functionality of WordPress. I’ve used it on three websites and to create simple microsites for others and it never fails to impress.
What I really like about WordPress blogs though is that when you tap Create New Post it indexes them with ease, chronologically and neatly laid out within the WordPress themes.
I’ve used two WordPress themes to create websites; Selfie and Salient.
Both are great, but Salient is my preferred Themeforest / Envato theme.
So how do you go about writing wordpress blogs on a domain?
It’s not difficult at all and below are some tips which may overlap into my Copywriting Tips wordpress blog:
- The first thing I do is a domain search: is the name you want available as a co.uk and a .com – if it is buy it (they’re only about £5 for a year).
- Use a good hosting company who will look after your website and allow you to set up company specific email accounts. Vidahost are superb.
- Check social media sites and name availability – I checked Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus for Get Pro Copy and set up these pages before the website was built.
- Use Photoshop to save images for blog posts – you can download royalty free images and crop and add text in Photoshop.
- Write a 300 word article – include a SEO friendly title and URL, a Read More tag to truncate it in the thumbnail summary. Consider carefully Keywords and Meta Descriptions if you want your WordPress blogs to rank on search engines.
If you’d like any more advice on WordPress or wordpress blogs, please do get in touch with me.